Care, maintenance, normal cleaning, research and normal porcelain maintenance.
Stile® is a beautiful, durable and resilient surface suitable for walls, countertops, and flooring. Regular, gentle cleaning is the best way to keep your investment in tip-top condition.
- To clean Stile® on floors, use a soft-bristle broom or use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to pick up dust and debris. Follow with gentle cleansing techniques mentioned below.
- To clean Stile® on countertops, wipe up spills as they occur with a damp, soft sponge.
- For routine cleaning for all Stile® surfaces, use a soft sponge and a gentle, nonabrasive cleanser mixed with water. Work in a grid pattern to wipe up any spills or dirt.
- For stubborn cleanups, use gentle liquid cleansers like Mr. Clean, 409, or Simple Green, as directed on the bottle. If extra stubborn spots remain, use a toothbrush dipped in the solution to loosen heavier soil. Rinse a sponge well; wipe the cleaning solution off the tile. Follow with a clean, damp mop, and allow to dry.
- Never use a sponge that contains aluminum oxide. This includes red or green Scotch Brite sponges. The aluminum oxide can dull the finish of premium surfaces including porcelain, granite, quartz, and marble.
- Never use steel wool, scrub brushes, or hard bristle brushes on Stile®.
- Never use abrasive cleaning agents including Comet, Ajax, or Soft Scrub to clean natural stone or porcelain surfaces.
- Never use harsh chemical cleaners including drain cleaner, paint strippers, or products containing Hydrofluoric Acid, Methylene Chloride, or Trichloroethylene. These harsh chemicals could etch or discolor the surface.
- Sealing of Stile® is not necessary. However, your installer may recommend the sealing of the grout, depending on the type of rout used. Cement grout is porous, and in some cases can be penetrated with dirt and grime. Epoxy grouts are water-resistant and often do not require a sealer.
- While Stile® is scorch and heat resistant, it is recommended to use hot pads under heat generating appliances including slow cookers, deep fryers, and electric skillets. This helps to protect against thermal expansion that occurs with a rapid change of temperature, or sustained heating.
Stile® Porcelain slabs are easy to clean, and virtually maintenance free. These slabs are rated for food safety like quartz, but available for a fraction of the cost. The 118”x59” and 126”x63” slabs reduce the number of grout lines needed for each application.