Summary: The Showroom Consultant engages with customers in the showroom and helps them with their product selection and design.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $18.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $38,400 and $52,600 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding showroom experience; engaging customers, inspirational design, assisting with general inquiries via emails, phone and in person.
- Qualify all walk-in customers to understand full scope of project and present MSI materials for entire project needs.
- Proactively follow up with trade customers to seek opportunities and follow-up with outstanding quotes to ensure sales are converted through exceptional customer service.
- Ensure showroom and displays are maintained to the highest standards, products are updated, and all marketing materials are refilled for easy customer access.
- Performs additional duties as required to support branch and team needs.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- 2 years of related industry experience preferred.
- Industry retail sales experience is required.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Provide high level of customer service.
- Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of PCs, along with the ability to navigate in a multi-window based environment.
- Availability to work on Saturday.
- Ability to work well alone or within a team
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 45 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.