Summary: The Product Associate will partner cross-functionally with various departments to develop promotional and marketing tools to maximize sales. This role is responsible for the planning & forecasting of the product, and analyzes the product life cycle.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Develop demand forecast at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect sales assumptions
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecast by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales and operation personnel
- Provide input to the Product Team in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and discontinued products
- Review capacity report for over 30 distribution centers and provide short term and long term solutions
- Oversee transfers and PO Approvals to maintain optimal inventory level to meet turns target
- Evaluate demand based reorder point and validate all parameters involved in calculation of reorder point.
- Identify SLOB inventory and manage markdown/close out process
- Address demand related queries and issues in a timely manner
- Mentor and train other planner as needed
- Create ad-hoc report
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years of experience in demand planning, forecasting, or supply chain role.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge in supply chain management
- This position requires strong analytical, organizational, and presentation skills. Advanced excel level preferred.
- The position requires Exceptional Excel skills.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.