Summary: The Product Associate will partner cross-functionally with various departments to develop new products and optimize existing products; dynamically adjusting purchasing cost as well as selling price to position them in disruptive growth positions; help develop sales and marketing attributes and communicate them to the sales team to drive sales; review competitive market dynamics to identify opportunities and maximize monetization; review digital asset performance via website clicks, website visit durations, augmented reality usage, sample sales, web-scraping of competitors’ websites, and product sales to identify emerging trends and monetize them; help engage in executing sourcing strategies and vendor negotiations; assist in key customer engagements where strategic product engagement is necessary; participate in forecasting, demand planning, inventory ordering, safety stock determination to ensure top fill rate performance in the industry. Strongly driven and ready to be part of the key department in the largest flooring, wall, and countertop distributor in America, ranked as the 20th largest importer of any goods in the United States.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Partner cross-functionally with various departments to develop new products and optimize existing products
- Participate in purchasing cost optimization across the vendor base.
- Engage in developing and executing sourcing strategies and vendor negotiations
- Participate in optimizing selling price to place our products in disruptive growth positions
- Participate in developing sales & marketing attributes and communicate them to the sales team to motivate the sales team to drive sales.
- Review competitive market dynamics to identify opportunities and maximize monetization
- Review digital asset performance via website clicks, website visit durations, augmented reality usage, sample sales, web-scraping of competitors’ websites, and product sales to identify emerging trends and monetize them
- Assist in key customer engagements where strategic product engagement is necessary;
- Participate in forecasting, demand planning, inventory ordering, safety stock determination to ensure top fill rate performance in the industry
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s from a reputable university required.
- Minimum of 2 years of analytical role required.
- Direct experience in sourcing and product development is highly desired but not necessary.
- Superb analytical and critical thinking skills, as proven by academic records and/or demonstrable work experience.
- Must be highly capable working in fast-paced, fast-growth environment.
- Requires strong organization skills and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills: presentation, writing, and delivery.
- Excel experience required: intermediate (pivot, v-, h- lookups) to advanced (macro).
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000. Estimated annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $70,000 and $80,000 or more, depending on experience, education level and annual bonuses.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.