Summary: The Lead is directly responsible for supervising warehouse members, conducting floor operations and complying with safety regulations in the warehouse.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $20.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $57,600 and $74,700 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure day-to-day tasks are being completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for managing warehouse members.
- Conduct floor operations and assigning team members to different areas as required.
- Lead stand-up meetings and perform effective shift changeover.
- Train and certify operators (includes forklift, crane, scissor lift, saw, packing, loading, etc.)
- In charge of maintaining a safety oriented environment.
- Proactively prevent injuries.
- Follow and enforce all safety procedures according to the standards.
- Use problem-solving tools and collaborate with team members to eliminate safety issues.
- Make sure warehouse area is clean for customer tours during the daytime.
- Use the systems to deliver our customer orders complete and on time.
- Identify process constraints and use lean management techniques to improve material flow, quality, and inventory accuracy.
- Lead projects and other collaborative continuous improvement activities.
- Proficiently use problem-solving tools such as 5S, 5 Why, PDCA, and focus boards.
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- 1-2 years of supervisor experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Stone Industry.
- Forklift and crane experience.
- High School Education required.
- LEAN, Toyota Production System, Green Belt, 5S, or other continuous improvement training desired.
- Effective use of technology including PC’s, scanners, and tablets (IPad).
- Strong skills in the areas of communication (written/verbal), time management, and problem solving.
- Ability to learn product, process, and equipment.
- Ability to lead, train, coach, and motivate warehouse employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions and delegate appropriately.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Provide high level of customer service
- Good organizational skills
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.