Marketing Project Coordinator
Summary: The Marketing Project Coordinator performs a wide variety of tasks that support the National Marketing Department. They should be able to work closely with project managers to create comprehensive action plans concerning resources, budgets and timeframes for projects.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $21.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $45,300 and $56,600 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Supports the Marketing Project Manager.
- Creates, updates, and maintains information on our internal Merchandising Portal.
- Develops, reviews, and analyzes various reports that support and help grow the business.
- Manages multiple projects at once in the areas of display, sampling and merchandising.
- Works closely with our Product teams, and National marketing team to develop ways to grow sales in our various product categories to the Retail business channel.
- Creates and executes the shipments of materials to various store / branch meetings and various trade shows.
- Occasional visit to branches and off-site meetings to support and promote sales to the Retailer vendor channel.
- Travels 10% locally.
- Participate in project design meetings and propose improvements if necessary.
- Evaluate potential problems and technical hitches and develop solutions.
- Plan and manage team goals, project schedules and new information.
- Supervise current projects and coordinate all team members to keep workflow on track.
- Manage project-related paperwork by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored.
- Direct project correspondences by preparing and reviewing project proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails.
- Communicate with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Adhere to budget by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving measures.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- College Degree in a related field Business Administration/ Marketing/ Communication is preferred.
- Two (2) plus years of Project Management experience.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in project management. R
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.