Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Summary: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for working with customers face to face and helping with product selection.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Effective and efficient handling of customer transactions.
- Accurately record and maintain customer contact information and details.
- Build and maintain company customer relationships.
- Answer inbound sales calls and make outbound sales calls.
- Consistent following up on promises and commitments in a timely manner with customers.
- Track stock levels to ensure customer orders are handled effectively.
- Assist customers in determining order requirements or services.
- Appropriately identify and escalate customer issues.
- Quote prices and credit terms, and prepare sales orders for customers.
- Complete sales transactions and processing of payments.
- Schedule trucking and delivery of material to customer, based on delivery schedule.
- Create shipping order and packing list.
- Troubleshoot customer issues during delivery process.
- Partner with Sales Representative to keep account transactions and literature up to date.
- Practice Customer focus, collaboration, and communication with team
- Retain up to date knowledge of company products
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education Required. Some college work completed preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service experience
- Clear communication with the ability to use positive language
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Goal oriented focus
- Good mathematical skills; ability to do calculations quickly
- Demonstrated experience with the use of PCs, along with the ability to navigate in a multi-window based environment.
- Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bilingual (French) preferred.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.