Summary: Responsible for spreading the brand awareness of MSI’s flooring portfolio by visiting customers and merchandizing their locations with MSI’s products. And performing product knowledge seminar/training to the customers.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the promotion of the MSI’s Flooring Products mainly through merchandizing it at customer locations. Customers mainly consist of Retailer/Dealer locations that we deal with currently, combined with visiting some Landscaping Yards, and when needed, visit builders, architects, designers, kitchen dealers for the purpose of promoting the products.
- Perform product knowledge seminars at the customer’s location.
- Train the customer’s sales force on MSI product lines.
- Accurately maintain customer database and generate sales reports as needed.
- Attend trade shows, conventions, and other onsite seminars.
- Consistently work with existing customers to retain and increase their business.
- Coordinate with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or college coursework preferred. High School Education required.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in a professional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extrovert personality, well-organized
- 2 years of retail merchandising experience preferred but not required
- Provide high level of customer service
- Speak clearly, listen actively and think critically
- Problem-solving skills with the habit of being proactive
- Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Previous experience using iPads, iPhones or smart phones would be helpful
- Willingness to travel, up to 80% of travelling required visiting customers and doing merchandizing.
- Candidate has to drive MSI van which will be mainly used for merchandizing purposes
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Provide high level of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- able to lift 50 lbs as some of the LSC materials are heavy.
Salary Range: $55,000-$60,000. Estimated annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $65,000 and $70,000 or more, depending on experience, education level and annual bonuses.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.