Operations Supervisor - Improvements/Expansion
Summary: Analyze, build, and present sales data to drive rack & bulk storage solutions for new and existing branches, while adhering to the most up-to-date building and safety codes.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $23.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $70,000 and $78,000 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze, build and present sales data to drive rack & bulk storage solutions for new and existing branches, while adhering to the most up-to-date building and safety codes
- Design and conceptualize warehouse naming conventions for rack and bulk locations in the warehouse
- Read, analyze and understand architectural designs (i.e. CAD Drawings) to provide the business with the most optimal building layout
- Travel to new and existing branches to note measurements, calculate dimensions and work with local branch leaders to annotate warehouse business requirements
- Order supplies and maintain suitable inventory levels for travel team through project completion. As well as research, the latest building material and supply trends to facilitate and expedite travel team tasks
- Develop detailed project plans based on cross-functional input and analysis. Through collaboration and influence, gain buy-in and team ownership of the plan
- Prepare and present ongoing status reports during the project development phase (meeting recaps, action items, issues/risk logs)
- Promote positive employee relations and resolve personnel issues through conflict resolution
- Brainstorm ideas and solutions to solve the issue at hand while being mindful of the efforts required to complete the request. Perform cost-benefit analysis to justify the proposal
- Planning travel accommodations, booking flights, hotels, car rentals, and coordinating activities
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Require BA degree
- 2 years of supervisorial experience (preferred)
- 2 years previous work experience in construction is a plus
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and leading projects
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of current building codes, building materials and architectural design preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Excellent communication skills - good structure and clarity in written, oral, and presentation materials
- Excellent follow-up skills with a customer service attitude
- Effective decision-making skills – the ability to negotiate and balance decisions and priorities across the needs of several functional departments
- High attention to detail and ability to ask intelligent questions to drive results
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated
- Ability to solicit input from others and transition concepts into strategic, tangible plans, products and services
- Build relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor, measure, and provide feedback on process performance
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and travel up to, but not limited to, 40% of the time
- Ability to read and interpret a tape measure accurately
- Proficient in MS Office Suite products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.