Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for the direct management of the shift supervisors, and provides leadership and training to the team members. This role is responsible for managing the functionality of the shifts, and ensures all shifts are properly staffed and able to execute the daily workload.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring all shifts and functions are properly staffed to execute varied work volume. Manage flow of orders to the floor to optimize operation for approximately 50 employees in a 650,000 square foot facility.
- Develop, maintain and manage a quality standard and process.
- Ensure on-time shipping performance; work closely with supervisors and managers to ensure receipts and shipments meet standards.
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly quality and productivity reporting.
- Supervise realignment activities to ensure maximum optimization of the facility.
- Manage operational activities to ensure DC layout and continuous improvement activities support goals of the operation.
- Provide direct supervision to the shift supervisors. Hold them accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
- Provide Leadership, training, and supervision to approximately 50 team members.
- Continuously work towards increasing the leadership capability of the team and drives professional growth.
- Responsible for all facility/equipment maintenance and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and overseeing safety compliance.
- Manage a multi shift operation.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis on Logistics or Operations Management
- Five (5) to Ten (10) years of specific relevant work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Must have supervised at least 15+ team members.
- Must have 5 years of Distribution Center Operations experience.
- Lean Manufacturing principles highly desired.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Related industry experience; natural stone, tile or hard flooring industries preferred.
- Capable of presenting operational data to the business and leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change while improving efficiencies and processes. Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Distribution and Warehouse Management applications.
Salary Range: $80,000-$95,000. Estimated annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $90,000 and $105,000 or more, depending on experience, education level and annual bonuses.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.