Summary: The Trend & Design Associate performs a wide variety of tasks that support the National Marketing Department. They should be able to think creatively to develop planograms that visually enhance the variety of products at MSI.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $20.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $42,600 and $57,465 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Routinely update showroom planograms using Scorpion Planogram Software
- Create databases to manage showroom inventory and data using Microsoft Excel
- Assist with 3D modeling and space planning for MSI booths for trade shows and merchandising fixtures using SketchUp
- Ability to read and adjust architectural floorplans
- Strategically develop showroom layouts by determining spatial planning and product placement
- Plan and create layouts for MSI’s boutique showrooms and manage inventory/data
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of showroom deliverables while meeting objectives
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders to successfully open new branch showrooms
- Work with the graphics team and outside vendors to quote and coordinate graphics and marketing materials
- Serve as the main point of contact for assigned branch showrooms, monitor and upkeep
- Coordinate with the board production team by providing necessary specifications for the board production process
- Occasionally travel to out-of-state branch locations
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Diploma
- College Degree in a related field Business Administration/ Marketing/ Communication
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines.
- Problem solving skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Scorpion Planogram Software
- SketchUp knowledge
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Office Suite.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.