Summary:Senior Accountant will serve as a resource in accounting areas of focus, including timely completion of all month-end financial close tasks, analysis and reporting. This position will research, resolve and document accounting related issues, and help develop and strengthen MSI’s accounting and internal control processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of complex accounting concepts and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitates and completes monthly close procedures, including journal entries and general ledger reviews
- Performs a variety of general to complex accounting and financial analysis functions in support of departmental duties
- Coach and mentor less experienced accounting staff and help them resolve problems
- Assist in developing streamlined internal control processes and serve as a liaison with teams outside of accounting to promote teamwork and collaboration across the organization.
- Coordinating deliverables and acting as a primary contact for the annual external audit.
- Compile information and assist in preparation for federal income tax returns, state income tax returns and related schedules
- Research and provide accounting guidance and support functional or operational areas of the company.
- Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Handle special projects, taking full responsibilities for their successful and timely completion
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- 3+ years of progressive responsibility
- Licensed CPA or successfully working toward obtaining CPA license
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong accounting skills and familiarity with accounting research tools
- Strong understanding of internal controls and related procedures
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Displays a "roll-up your sleeve" positive attitude and takes ownership of his/her work
- Ability to work independently and/or with a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and proactively resolve or escalate issues across functions and follow up as necessary
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
Salary Range: $90,000-$135,000. Estimated annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $105,000 and $150,000 or more, depending on experience, education level and annual bonuses.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.