Product Promoter - Floor, Wall & Hardscapes
Summary: Responsible for spreading the brand awareness of our Flooring, Wall, and Hardscape brands by visiting and performing product knowledge seminars to the customers. He/she coordinates with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the promotion of the MSI Flooring, Wall, and Hardscapes brands.
- Visit builders, architects, developers, designers, kitchen dealers, landscape contractors, and landscape architects for the purpose of promoting the products.
- Work with sales team to create a consistent call schedule in support of growing all flooring, wall, and hardscape products.
- Perform product knowledge seminars at the customer’s location. Train the customer’s sales force on MSI product lines.
- Accurately maintain customer database and generate sales reports as needed. Attend trade shows, conventions, and other onsite seminars.
- Consistently work with existing customers to retain and increase their business.
- Coordinate with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials.
- Increase brand awareness through strategic placement of advertisement.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School diploma is required.
- College Degree in a related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of Marketing/Sales/Business Development experience.
- 2+ years of retail merchandising experience preferred.
- 1+ years of building industry experience (i.e: quartz, stone, flooring, etc)
- Provide a high level of customer service Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Speak clearly, listen actively and think critically Problem-solving skills with the habit of being proactive Previous experience using iPads, iPhones or smart phones would be helpful
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Willingness to travel, up to 50% of travelling required
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Good organizational skills
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000. Estimated annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $55,000 and $65,000 or more, depending on experience, education level and annual bonuses.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.