Operations Supervisor - Non-Slab
Summary: The Operations Supervisor is directly responsible for the day to day supervision of the warehouse operation, leading, managing, and assigning the work for Non-Slab operations. Ensures the timely and accuracy of inbound receipts and material put away, inventory replenishments, and outbound shipments.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $25.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $80,000 and $90,000 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring all functions on the shift are properly staffed to execute varied work volumes for approximately 15-30 employees in a 700,000 square foot facility.
- Provide direct supervision to the shift Leads and front line associates. Hold them accountable for their performance and the performance of their teams.
- Supervise realignment activities to ensure maximum optimization of the facilities staffing.
- Manage operational efficiencies to ensure continuous improvement activities support goals.
- Ensure on-time shipping performance; work closely with direct reports to ensure receipts and shipments meet quality and accuracy standards.
- Provide Leadership, training, trouble shooting, mitigation to issues, and guidance to team.
- Continuously work towards increasing the leadership capability of the team and drives professional growth and development.
- Responsible for all facility/equipment up keep, maintenance, and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and overseeing safety compliance.
- Provides critical communication to internal and external customers.
- Performs frequent warehouse audits to ensure work procedures and functions meet compliance.
- Maintain and manage housekeeping.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the organization.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education required
- College degree a plus
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Sit down and Stand up forklift experience a plus.
- Able to use tablets (IPad), WMS, and navigate Internal Portal.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach, mentor, analyze data, and develop effective solutions
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Provide high levels of customer service to both Internal and External customers
- Good organizational skills from all aspects of the operations
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.