Summary: The janitor will be responsible for performing general cleaning duties, and maintaining the showroom and warehouse clean.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $18.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $45,200 and $60,430 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform general cleaning of all areas including the showroom and warehouse.
- Clean the restrooms, and replenish the stalls with toilet paper.
- Empty the trash from both the office and warehouse locations.
- Clean the building floors by sweeping, mopping and using the sweeper machine.
- Responsible for replenishing the maintenance supplies in the stock room.
- Perform minor repairs as needed.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education preferred.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- 1-2 years of janitorial experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Experience driving a sweeper preferred.
- Knowledge of using a computer or tablet is a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.