Sales Representative (Hospitality FF&E)
Summary: The sales representative is responsible to grow and develop the sales and margins of MSI’s Tile product lines with the retailer/dealer network; located within an assigned geographic territory.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop relationships with current and potential customers within the specified territory.
- Educate customers by providing knowledge and training about MSI products, and ensure personnel are able to present product.
- Identify and negotiate MSI value propositions. Understand the customer’s business potential and create programs accordingly.
- Understand our market competition and how to position MSI to overcome these factors.
- Utilize the various unique tools the MSI offers to create a competitive advantage in the market.
- Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
- Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customers.
- Provide estimated delivery times and pricing. Discuss credit terms and sales contracts.
- Investigate and resolve customer claims through credits and RMAs.
- Resolve customer issues in a fair and efficient manner for both parties.
- Attend trade shows throughout the year as required.
- Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2 years of FF&E Sales experience in Hospitality Industry
- Minimum 2 plus years of Hospitality flooring sales experience: porcelain tile, resilient surfaces (LVT), wall tile, natural stone, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural stone, tile or hard flooring industries.
- Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Interior Design experience or education is a plus.
- Must have a positive attitude for sales
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well alone or within a team
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.
Having problems uploading your application materials? We’re ready to help – e-mail us with your technical questions.Thanks for considering MSI for your career!