Summary: Responsible for spreading the brand awareness of Q Quartz by visiting and performing product knowledge seminar to the customers. He/she coordinates with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the promotion of Hardscape Products.
- Visit Landscape Dealers, Tile Retailers, and company showrooms to promote MSI Hardscape products.
- Perform Product Knowledge seminars to MSI Sales Team and Customers through face to face presentations and webinars.
- Train the customer’s sales force on MSI product lines
- Set up displays at customer locations
- Coordinate with customers to maintain appropriate quantities of promotional materials
- Assist in development of sales tools that support growth of the hardscape product line.
- Track use of and measure effectiveness of marketing tools.
- Manage shipments of materials to various store / branch meetings and various trade shows.
- Travels up to 75% domestically. Includes visits to branches, dealers, and off-site meetings to support and promote the sales of Hardscape Products.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Ideal candidate will have experience in selling / marketing products.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Ability to manage multiple tasks with demanding deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Business minded; good with data and has a general understanding of sales and profit growth.
- A desire to grow within themselves and within the company.
- High School Diploma required. College Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Three (3) plus years’ of Marketing/Sales/Business Development experience.
- Excellent communications (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Provide high level of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Strategic level thinking: Ability to work strategically and analytically.
- Empathetic; with a general desire to understand the needs of others.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.