Sales Representative (Architects and Designers)
Summary: The A&D Representative is responsible for growing and developing the sales and margins of MSI’s porcelain, natural stone, wall tile, countertop, hardscape and mosaic product lines by specifying materials to Architectural and Design firms located within an assigned geographic territory.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops relationships with large architectural firms, design firms and specifies MSI materials.
- Develops relationships with large commercial contractors, developers, and specifies MSI materials.
- Presents MSI products, such as Natural Stone, Slab, Tile, Hardscape, Porcelain tile/pavers, Mosaics and Quartz.
- Understands our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors.
- Identifies top architectural & design firms (including commercial sectors) in the market, and performs product knowledge luncheon with firms.
- Manage displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
- Understand retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
- Quote prices, discuss credit terms and prepare sales contracts for customer orders.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
- Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and new customers.
- Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product.
- Research and analyze customer needs and demands based on market information.
- Investigate and resolve customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits.
- Attend trade shows throughout the year as required.
- Travel 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; must have experience with commercial sales targeting large commercial contractors, and developers.
- Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good communication and people skills
- Confidence and motivation to work toward targets
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well alone or within a team
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.
Having problems uploading your application materials? We’re ready to help – e-mail us with your technical questions.Thanks for considering MSI for your career!