Summary: The Hardware Technician under general direction provides first level support to end users, as well as hands-on desktop repairs, upgrades, and maintenance of systems.
Desktop Support Technician is responsible for assisting staff in Corporate Office and remote locations with technical support of desktop computers, maintaining, analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing computer systems and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems. Responsible for supporting laptops, desktops, printers and applications in multi-operating system environment deployed throughout the company.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $21.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $49,400 and $59,900 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing desktop/laptop repairs and upgrades as necessary.
- Connect remotely and work with users to walk them through the issue.
- Operating system and application upgrades, hardware upgrades or repairs, and installing new systems.
- Technical resource for help desk and PC support and troubleshooting of complex system problems.
- Provide assistance with the creation of new accounts and editing/termination of existing account, distribution lists, resetting passwords, etc.
- Help resolve desktop hardware and software issues
- Network administration: address assignment,
- Respond to support issues via phone, e-mail and virtual log in
- Determine escalation points for specific issues
- Support other office technology, such as televisions, projectors, video conference equipment etc.
- Main point of contact for help with Tablet and iPad issues (i.e. repairs and hardware changes)
- Participate in developing procedures and suggest improvements to existing procedures
- Troubleshooting mobile devices and tablets
- Respond to requests for assistance in person, over the phone, via email, and through an internal trouble ticket system.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education Required.
- College Coursework Preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and VPN
- Good working knowledge of common office equipment, printers, faxes, projectors, and televisions
- Experience using MS Office Suite of programs
- In-depth understanding in the following:
- Active Directory domain administration
- Windows 10
- Remote Desktop
- Office 2011/2013
- Smartphone and iPad device configuration and administration
- Phone System Administration (Phone System Programming, Support Hardware)
- Good oral and written English language communication skills
- Quick learner, strong/effective problem solver
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.