Summary: The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations. The primary responsibilities include the management of administration of policies, procedures, and compliance with labor laws. The HR Generalist serves as a business partner to regional company leadership and leads recruiting, retention, and engagement activities. In addition to being a business partner with the local team, the HR generalist works closely with Corporate HR on department projects, with a current focus on digital transformation, modernization, and employer branding.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested.
- Assist with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Conduct new-employee orientations.
- Handle employee relations as necessary.
- Assist with processing of terminations and conducts exit interviews.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as necessary.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Administer health and wellness plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Verify I-9 documentation and completes e-verify.
- File papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Make photocopies, fax documents, and perform other clerical functions.
- Willingness to travel; up to 25% travel required.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience working in a fast-paced Human Resources department; or any appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Provide high level of customer service
- Project management skills
- Comfort in and experience with digital work tools, including HRIS, ATS, and Digital Payroll systems
- Good organizational skills.
- Previous experience with HRIS software, payroll, and labor reporting systems.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and local labor laws and other applicable state laws.
- Strong knowledge of compliance in labor and payroll laws.
- Strong employee relations experience.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.