Process Improvement Supervisor
Summary: Process improvement supervisor responsible for identifying potential operational improvements, taking ownership over research, designing solutions, testing, communicating, and owning the roll out / change management plan for non-slab operations. Expected to liaise amongst multiple high-performing teams, including operations, IT, transportation, and corporate functions.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $24.00 +, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $59,900 and $77,400 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Identify improvement opportunities through on-the-floor (warehouse) observations and through collaborations with other operations leaders.
- Brainstorm ideas and solutions to solve the issue at hand while being mindful of the efforts required to complete the request. Perform cost-benefit analysis to justify the proposal.
- Develop detailed project plans to meet business objectives based on cross-functional input and analysis. Through collaboration and influence, gain buy-in and team ownership of the plan.
- Prepare and present ongoing status reports during the project development phase (meeting recaps, action items, issues / risk logs).
- Drive the adoption and implementation of projects post-development. Act as the single point contact to facilitate monitoring and compliance activities.
- Prepare and present status updates during and after implementation (dashboards, KPIs, and areas for improvement). Determine if additional follow-ups are required to achieve compliance.
- Participate in the change management necessary to ensure processes strike the right balance between rigor, replicability, adaptability, and flexibility.
- Responsible for multiple shift operation.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing and leading projects.
- Proven expertise in usage of MS Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities.
- Goal-oriented with proven record of self-motivation and achievement.
- Strong proactive with strong analytical skills.
- Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills across entire organization.
- Must have excellent People Management and Time Management skills and abilities.
- Solid interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels across functions. Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively. Ability to conceptualize and think strategically.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.