Summary: The Lead is directly responsible for supervising warehouse members, conducting floor operations and complying with safety regulations in the warehouse.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $20.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $57,600 and 83,400 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring assigned departments and functions are properly staffed to execute varied work volume, manage flow of orders to the floor to optimize operation for approximately 10 employees in a 350,000 square foot facility.
- Develops, maintains and manages facility quality process
- Ensures on-time shipping performance, works closely with employees and delivery drivers to ensure receipts and shipments meet standards.
- Assists in managing daily/weekly/monthly quality and productivity reporting.
- Leads realignment activities to ensure maximum optimization of the facility
- Leads operational activities to ensure DC layout and continuous improvement activities support goals of the operation.
- Provides leadership and training to 10 team members.
- Continuously work towards increasing the leadership capability of the team and drives professional growth.
- Responsible for all facility/equipment maintenance and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment and overseeing safety compliance.
- Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education or equivalent required
- High School Diploma required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory/management experience.
- Must have supervised at least 10+ team members
- Must have 5 years of Distribution Center Operations experience
- Lean Manufacturing principles highly desired
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Excel
- Familiarity utilizing mobile devices in a fast paced working environment
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial abilities
- Goal-oriented with proven record of self-motivation and achievements
- Strong proactive with strong analytical skills
- Uses creativity to seek quality solutions and process improvements
- Demonstrated teamwork skills across entire organization
- Must have excellent People and Time Management skills and abilities
- Demonstrated ability to drive cultural change while improving efficiencies and processes
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Solid interpersonal skills to effectively interact at all levels across functions
- Proactive and able to manage ambiguity effectively. Ability to conceptualize and think strategically
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Distribution and Warehouse Management applications.
- Capable of presenting operational data to the business and leadership team
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a must
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.