Supply Chain Project Analyst
Summary: The purpose of this position is to provide effective coordination and management of key cross-functional Supply Chain projects, or to oversee the management of multiple smaller projects being managed by Sales, Merchandizing, Inventory planning, fulfilment, Transportation, or Supply Chain Analysts. This is accomplished by applying a standard, adhering to cadences and toll gates defined to the project, and providing the leadership visibility and status of projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering several key project artifacts and shares responsibility and accountability with stakeholders for the successful delivery of the entire project.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Defines, plans and coordinates work teams including coordinating the activities of cross- functional teams by leading through influence to ensure project timelines are met.
- Conducts collaborative project review meetings to highlight significant updates, tracking cadences, assessing risks and risk mitigation plans while providing project status to key stakeholders.
- Works with cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize and lead projects or activities as well as develop baseline financial metrics to document savings of identified projects / initiatives.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for designated projects facilitating project update meetings, and written communication and reports to inform stakeholders of progress.
- Uses designate process mapping, tracking and assigned tools for project life cycle management to meet business needs.
- Ensures time and resources align with business prioritizes and objectives and escalates project risks to manager as appropriate.
- Drives process improvement, and adherence to company project standards for assigned projects.
- Work with IT and Developers for application enhancements or upgrades.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all business customers, colleagues, vendors/partners and consultants.
- Recommend strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Build constructive business relationships with all stakeholders, including 3rd party vendors.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- 2-4 years’ experience in Project Coordination or management in a supply chain related field.
- Bachelor’s degree is a must.
- Managing projects using Jira work management or Jira service management tool would be preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Power BI, Microsoft Project, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, multitasking environment
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure in a very fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment
- Project management experience with Procurement, Production, Supply Planning and Scheduling would be beneficial.
- Effectively communicate and influence positive results.
- Experience documenting/designing business processes, performing business analysis, and requirements definition
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage a high volume of projects simultaneously
- Ability to project manage and work on multiple assignments concurrently
- Resourceful self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.