Warehouse Crane Operator
Summary: The Slab Handler is responsible for pulling slab orders accurately and safely. This task will be performed using the overhead cranes.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $17.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $37,635 and $59,045 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Pull slabs from the warehouse from the slab orders provided
- Move slabs to loading areas by using overhead cranes
- Load slabs on customer’s vehicle/truck
- Ensure that product is well secured on vehicle/truck and takes all necessary safety measures
- Unload slabs from containers using forklifts
- Arrange slabs properly by forklift/crane in Slab Warehouse
- Responsible for maintaining the slab warehouse clean and safe for staff and customers
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
- High School Education or equivalent required.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- 1-2 years of experience
- Forklift, crane and warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to use Smart Phones/Tablets
- Good communicate skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.