Customer Service Representative (CSR)
Summary:The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the day to day supervision of the entire Customer Service Representative (CSR) teams from checking attendance to resolving conflicts.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt, hourly role. Hourly rates start at $18.00+, plus Over Time (paid at 1.5x), plus Bonuses. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $38,440 and $52,550 or more, depending on experience, overtime hours worked and bonuses.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide high level service to customers in the showroom
- Communicate professionally with customer on showroom floor.
- Proactively seeks to assist customers. Maintain catalogs and samples stocked throughout the showrooms for easy customer access.
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested. Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
- Provide high level of customer service.
- Ability to stand long periods of time.
- Availability to work on Saturday.
- Effective and efficient handling of customer transactions.
- Build and maintain company customer relationships.
- Answer inbound customer calls.
- Consistent following up on orders and commitments in a timely manner with customers.
- Track stock levels to ensure customer orders are handled effectively and track orders to make sure customer is receiving in Timely Manner.
- Appropriately identify and escalate customer issues.
- Partners with Sales Representative to keep orders and account Transactions up to date.
- Practice Customer focus, collaboration, and communication with team.
- Retains up to date knowledge of company products.
- Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) plus years’ experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to multitask within the work area – inter team and intra team.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
This role has the following physical demands:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
- Annual pay increases
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
- Charitable donation matching programs
- Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring tile, countertops, wall and backsplash tile and hardscaping surfaces products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of Granite, Quartz, Porcelain, Luxury Vinyl flooring, Slate, Marble, Travertine, Sandstone, Limestone, Quartzite, onyx, stacked stone and pavers imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
Over the years, MSI has been the recipient of many prestigious awards including:
- Top 5 fastest growing companies - OC Business Journal
- Supplier Diversity Award - Home Depot
- #1 Flooring Distributor multiple years in a row - Floor Covering Weekly
- Top Workplaces Award winner multiple times - Top Workplaces
- MSI Founder named the Entrepreneur of the Year - Ernst and Young
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.