About MSI. Founded in 1975, MSI is the leading supplier of Premium Surfaces including flooring, countertops, decorative mosaics, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI’s product offering includes an extensive selection of granite, marble, porcelain, ceramic, quartz, glass, quartzite, and other natural stone products headquartered in Orange, California. MSI also maintains distribution centers across the United States and Canada. MSI’s product line is imported from over 36 different countries on six continents bringing the very best products to the North American Market. The company maintains an inventory of over 125 million square feet of material. For more information on MSI, visit : msisurfaces.com.
We provide our employees with great benefits that feature programs like employee medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k contribution (up to 4% of your base salary), as well as vacation time.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
· Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed.
· Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
· Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the proper record keeping unit.
· Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
· Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
· Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products.
· Operate equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet jacks and more safely and efficiently.
· Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
· Keep an equipment checklist and perform preventative maintenance of equipment.
· Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements
· Ability to use a computer or tablet a plus
· Good communication skills
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to follow instructions and work under pressure
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· The night shift starts at 7pm.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School Education required.
· 1-2 years of Warehouse experience
· One (1) year of experience operating a Forklift